Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Plans, Once I Get My AG-5

  • Post photos, in proper "geek with a new gadget and a blog" fashion, which includes all accessories, packing, etc.
  • I plan to use my AG-5 at home at first, waiting to take it to work only when I am fast enough that it won't eat into my productivity.
  • I will post details on how fast it takes me to overcome the learning curve. I will use "The Typing Tutor", which is a java-based tutor, with Alphagrip-specific lessons. I will report my increases in speed as they come.
  • I plan to report any hurdles, obstacles, or frustrations I encounter in my experiences with the Alphagrip.
  • I plan to test the Alphagrip in the main 3 environments I use my keyboard:
    • Alphanumeric typing
    • Typing at a UNIX/Linux command-line (yes, I will test the AG-5 natively in Linux)
    • Gaming, including RPGs, FPSs, etc. - I don't think the Alphagrip will cut it in the fast-paces world of First Person Shooters, but we will see...

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good deal. I was wondering if anyone would happen upon my blog, as I haven't told anyone outside of Alphagrip that it exists! Drop me a line when you get yours, and I'll do the same.

I wonder if it might not be a good idea to start an Alphagrip forum, or mailing list, especially when everyone starts receiving theirs. That way, everyone can have common discussion about problems, solutions, experiences, etc...

I wonder if the guys at Alphagrip have plans to do this.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got my alphagrip 1 week ago, and this is being typed on it now. Keys that felt badly placed at first now completely natural. I am not a promrammer. just someone with daily neck and back pain who wants more options. I am already ordering backup alphagrips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home